08 Mar Impact Pediatric Health SXSW Conference Startup Pitch Competition Announces Participants
Leading US Children’s Hospitals – Atlanta, Boston, Cincinnati, Los Angeles, Seattle, Stanford, Texas – to Host 4th Annual Event Highlighting Best Pediatric Digital Health and Medical Device Innovations at South By Southwest in Austin, Texas.
Impact Pediatric Health hosts an interactive pediatric healthcare innovation pitch competition at SXSW and is announcing 10 finalists have been selected to pitch their pediatric technologies at SXSW Conference, March 9, 2018. Participating companies compete in digital, devices, and global areas of need for pediatric technologies.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Boston Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Seattle Children’s Hospital, Stanford Children’s Health and Texas Children’s Hospital came together to create Impact Pediatric Health, a one-of-a-kind pitch competition to help showcase, and support, the best pediatric healthcare innovations. SXSW Conference is working with the leading pediatric hospitals on this event which is part of Startup Village, http://www.sxsw.com/interactive/startup-village, at the Hilton Downtown Austin.
Competing companies –
- BABYBEMEDICAL: Family centered neonatal care through clinically tested touch telepresence.
Green Sun Medical: Tech-enabled dynamic scoliosis brace
- NAVi MedTech: NAVi Medical Technologies is looking to improve the way vascular access procedures are performed in critically ill newborns.
- NFANT: NFANT Labs helps preterm infants struggling with feeding navigate home from the hospital through objective data and predictive analytics.
- CancerAid: is an app that empowers cancer patients and their caregivers.
- Open Health Network: On a mission to transform healthcare by enabling healthcare organizations to help patients to manage their health via smart maintainable mobile health offerings & share their data in secure and controlled way.
- Tueo Health, Inc.: An asthma management service built on passive sensing and targeted coaching
- GoCheck Kids: Disruptively-priced and FDA-cleared screener that detects vision disorders early, when they can be treated, and enables pediatricians to meet their Academy’s guidelines.
- mOm Incubators: An incubator built for low resource environments to help give 1 million babies that might die from being born prematurely every single year a chance.
- Tasso Inc.: Tasso has created HemoLink, a virtually painless device that uses microfluidic technology and allows patients to collect their own blood sample—enough blood to allow third-party labs to run a broad range of diagnostic tests.
- Globin Medical: Portable solar-powered oxygen concentrator
- Nicolette: We build empowerment applications for patients fighting acute health battles.
- PolyVascular: PolyVascular is creating polymeric transcatheter valves for children with congenital heart disease
- Andrey Ostrovsky, CEO’ Concerted Care Group
- Robin Farmanfarmaian, Entrepreneur & Angel Investor’ Invicta Medical & Actavalon
- Patrick Wayte SVP, Center for Health, Technology, & Innovation, American Heart Association
- Bill Chambers SVP of Extramural Research, American Cancer Society
- Dave Chan Vice President of Strategic Planning at Sesame Street Ventures
- Andrew ElBardissi Principal, Deerfield Venture Capital
- Eric Frans Vice President Vision Partners, World Vision Canada
- Iana Dimlova Director, Healthcare Investing, GE Ventures
- Stephen Michener Head of Strategy, Partnering, and Operations, Novartis Oncology US
Impact Pediatric Health showcases technologies that will deliver solutions specifically created for young patients. Startup CEOs have three minutes to pitch how their company is solving unique healthcare needs of children, from babies to teens. The Friday, March 9th stage presentation is followed by questions from the emcee and judges. Winners in each category will be announced at the end of the event. All participating companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the presenting pediatric hospitals. You must have a SXSW Interactive or Platinum badge to attend this March 9 event.
About Impact Pediatric Health:
Now in its fourth year, Impact Pediatric Health hosts a one-of-a-kind pitch competition held annually at SXSW Conference dedicated to showcasing and supporting the best pediatric healthcare innovations. Several of the largest and top ranked (according to US News and World Report) children’s hospitals in the U.S. came together to create Impact Pediatric Health. These leading hospitals collaborate to help next generation pediatric healthcare companies, especially those focused on digital health and medical devices, accelerate their businesses. For more information see http://impactpediatrichealth.com/
SXSW dedicates itself to helping creative people achieve their goals. Founded in 1987 in Austin, Texas, SXSW is best known for its conference and festivals that celebrate the convergence of the interactive, film, and music industries. The event, an essential destination for global professionals, features sessions, showcases, screenings, exhibitions, and a variety of networking opportunities. SXSW proves that the most unexpected discoveries happen when diverse topics and people come together. SXSW 2018 will take place March 9-18, 2018.
Contact: Eddie Gonzalez-Novoa, for Impact Pediatric Health